Michael Corrigan founded the Padberg, Corrigan & Appelbaum law firm in 1999, and focuses his practice on representing clients who are injured in automobile accidents, truck accidents, work accidents, product liability, medical malpractice and wrongful death. Mike has successfully obtained hundreds of settlements throughout his career and has tried more than 60 personal injury cases in Missouri, Illinois and Kentucky courts, including multiple cases exceeding $1,000,000.00 recoveries for trucking accident victims and their families.
Over the past 26 years, Mike has been awarded and recognized for his outstanding ability to represent clients. In 2000, he was one of only three attorneys who received the prestigious Lon 0. Hocker Trial Lawyer Award by The Missouri Bar. Then in 2008, the National Trial Lawyers Association named him one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers. Additionally, Mike is a member of The Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America working to eliminate unsafe and illegal interstate trucking practices, and serves as a member of the Board of Governors of the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys.
Before founding Padberg, Corrigan & Appelbaum, Mike attended the University of Missouri – Columbia where he earned his J.D in 1990 and a Bachelor Degree in economics in 1987.
Mike was born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri, where his father, William Corrigan, served as a St. Louis County Circuit Judge for 35 years. Mike has been married to his wife, Leslie, for more than 22 years and they have three beautiful children, Jenny, Sarah, and Joe. Mike is an active member in the Catholic Church, and enjoys coaching his children’s basketball, soccer and football teams.
- $9,800,000 – settlement for a woman who was permanently paralyzed when the pick-up truck in which she was a passenger, was rear-ended by a tractor trailer on Interstate 44 in the City of Pacific, Franklin County, Missouri. Padberg, Corrigan & Appelbaum filed a lawsuit in the United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, against the trucking company and the truck driver.
- $4,850,000 – medical malpractice settlement for an 8-year-old girl who sustained a brain injury due to the negligent medical treatment by a hospital and her treating doctors, including her pediatrician and geneticist. The girl was misdiagnosed with congenital hypothyroidism as a result of the hospital losing her newborn screen test which tests for congenital hypothyroidism.
- $3,000,000 – settlement for a 65-year-old man who was injured while operating a farm tractor on a rural highway and was struck by a tractor trailer. The lawsuit was filed against the trucking company and truck driver.
- $3,000,000 – settlement for a Jefferson County man who was struck by a commercial motor vehicle owned and operated by a St. Louis City utility company. The collision resulted in a traumatic brain injury and several fractures to the 48-year-old victim. The injuries also caused a loss of sense of taste and smell.
Professional & Community Involvment
- Missouri Bar Association, 1990 - present
- Illinois Bar Association, 1991 - present
- National Trial Lawyers Association, 2009 - present
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, 2006 - present
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, Board of Governors, 2000 - present
- The Lawyers Association of St. Louis, 1990 - present
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, 1990 - 2013