“Wrongful Death” is a legal term that refers to the type of lawsuit that is filed by the family of a person who has died due to the negligence of others. Under Missouri law, three different classes of people can file suit for wrongful death. Possible claimants include: spouses, children, grandchildren, parents, siblings, nieces and nephews. Wrongful Death cases can arise from a variety of accidents and injuries, including work place injuries, car accidents, medical malpractice, and death caused by dangerous or defective products.
The Padberg & Corrigan Law Firm is made up of St. Louis wrongful death attorneys dedicated to the goal of ensuring that family members in a wrongful death case receive maximum compensation for their loss. While no amount of compensation will replace the loss of a loved one, often the unexpected loss of life may leave a family with large medical and other expenses as well as a lack of income and other benefits. Should you or your family suffer such a loss, it is of the utmost importance to have experienced Missouri fatal accident lawyers representing you to achieve the best result.
The list of cases below demonstrates just a portion of The Padberg & Corrigan Law Firm’s many successes in representing the families affected by the wrongful death of a loved one. We have litigated and represented individuals and families in St. Louis, Jefferson County, Cape Girardeau, Cole County, Franklin County, Jackson County, Lincoln County, Madison County, Phelps County and other counties of Missouri. The attorneys of The Padberg & Corrigan Law Firm are also licensed to practice in Illinois.
Noteworthy Wrongful Death / Fatal Accident Cases
- $5,000,000.00 settlement for an 18-year old boy who died in a fire after a motor vehicle accident as a result of a product defect in the motor vehicle in which he was a passenger.
- $4,000,000.00 in the City of St. Louis for the wrongful death of two men electrocuted while moving a grain auger that struck a telephone line.
- $1,500,000.00 confidential settlement for the death of a 45-year old man who died as a result of failure to diagnose bacterial meningitis.
- $1,250,000.00 settlement for the wrongful death of a 75-year old St. Louis County man who was killed as a result of a defective device on the motor vehicle.
- $1,000,000.00 judgment for the wrongful death of a Jefferson County man killed when he was caused to fall from a forklift due to the negligence of his co-worker.
- $1,000,000.00 for the wrongful death of an 18-year old boy killed in a motor vehicle accident in St. Charles County.
- $900,000.00 settlement for a 25-year old woman who died after complications involving her pregnancy.
- $400,000.00 settlement for the wrongful death of a St. Louis City resident killed when his motorcycle was struck by an automobile.
- $350,000.00 settlement for a Jefferson County couple killed in a motor vehicle accident when their vehicle was struck by a vehicle that crossed over the median.
- $250,000.00 settlement in a medical malpractice claim for the death of an infant.
- $200,000.00 settlement for a Dunklin County man who was killed while operating a cotton module when the farm did not have sufficient workers to assist him.
- Confidential settlement in a medical malpractice claim for the wrongful death of a 60-year old man who died as a result of a failure to diagnose and treat a ruptured abdominal aneurysm. Read More
Disclaimer: Results are not guarantees. Past results are not necessarily indicative of future results. The value of each case depends upon the facts circumstance of that claim.