Eight Hundred-Fifty Thousand settlement in a medical malpractice lawsuit for an eight-year old girl who sustained a brain injury due to the negligent medical treatment View More
A traffic accident involving a large commercial truck, such as an 18-wheeler or semi truck, can have disastrous consequences. A typical fully-loaded large commercial truck can weigh over 80,000 pounds, while an average passenger automobile weighs approximately 3,000 pounds. Because of the sheer size of trucks, any collision between a commercial truck and another vehicle is likely to result in serious, even fatal, injuries. It is important to contact a Missouri Tractor Trailer Accident Attorney as soon as possible following collision in order preserve evidence, contact witnesses and protect your rights.
Trucking accidents commonly occur as a result of driver fatigue, driving at excessive speeds, illegal operating procedures, inadequate truck maintenance, improper training, defective equipment or improper loads. There are federal regulations that govern the conduct of trucking companies and their drivers. If a trucking company or driver violates federal regulations or are negligent they could face civil liability. It is important to retain a law firm that is experienced and understands the dynamics involved in operating a tractor trailer.
The attorneys of The Padberg and Corrigan Law Firm have worked with numerous trucking industry experts. Some of the experts utilized by the Padberg and Corrigan Law Firm have been Missouri State Highway Patrolmen, Safety Directors for Trucking Companies, Physics Professors, former Missouri State Highway Patrol Accident Reconstructionist, and Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Officers. In several instances animators were retained to recreate the events using the latest in computer animation.
Given the seriousness of the injuries associated with semi truck collisions, it is important to select highly qualified St. Louis truck accident lawyers. The attorneys of the Padberg & Corrigan Law Firm have repeatedly demonstrated their skill and experience by protecting the rights of their clients involved in Motor Vehicle Collisions and Tractor Trailer Accidents.
Noteworthy Truck Accident / Tractor Trailer Accident Cases
- $3,000,000.00 settlement for serious orthopedic injuries sustained in tractor trailer accident.
- $1,325,000.00 settlement for a Jefferson County family rear-ended by a tractor trailer in Madison County, Illinois causing a brain injury and severe orthopedic injuries.
- $1,000,000.00 verdict for closed-head injury to 25-year-old man in tractor trailer accident.
- $1,000,000.00 settlement for a man who had below knee amputation as a result of a trucking accident.
- $1,000,000.00 settlement for brain injury sustained in accident with fuel truck.
- $435,000.00 settlement for a Pemiscot County man who sustained a fractured knee caused by an 18-wheel tractor-trailer truck.
Disclaimer: Results are not guarantees. Past results are not necessarily indicative of future results. The value of each case depends upon the facts circumstance of that claim.