$440,000.00 settlement for a Jefferson County man who sustained a neck injury in a motor vehicle collision with an 18-wheel tractor-trailer truck.
At the time of the collision, Mr. Dollar was traveling westbound on U.S. 61 near Festus, Missouri. The A.J.’s Transport, Inc. 18-wheel tractor-trailer truck was proceeding southbound on the Interstate 55 exit ramp and was intending to make a left-hand turn onto eastbound Highway 61. The tractor-trailer truck had stopped at a stop sign and failed to yield to traffic on Highway 61. Mr. Dollar was driving his pickup truck below the 55 mph speed limit when the A.J.’s Transport, Inc. tractor-trailer failed to yield and pulled directly into the path of Mr. Dollar’s vehicle. Mr. Dollar struck the rear tandem axles of the 18-wheeler. Prior to the impact, Mr. Dollar attempt to avoid the collision by applying his brakes and left 61 feet of skid marks at the accident scene.
The tractor-trailer truck was carrying a load that weighed over 35,000 lbs. The 18-wheeler had gross total weight at the time of the impact was 75,000 lbs. The impact caused Mr. Dollar to strike his head on the windshield and break the windshield. Mr. Dollar sustained a permanent neck injury and was required to undergo surgery for his neck injury.
Following the surgery, Mr. Dollar underwent extensive physical therapy. Mr. Dollar returned to work as a dump truck driver following the recuperation from his injuries from the motor vehicle collision. Mr. Dollar incurred medical treatment and the medical bills incurred exceeded $150,000.00. The lawsuit was filed in the Jefferson County Circuit Court located in Hillsboro, Missouri and the lawyers at The Padberg & Corrigan Law Firm successfully reached a favorable settlement for $440,000.00 on November 20, 2009, during a court-ordered mediation.
Noteworthy Truck Accident/Tractor Trailer Accident Cases
- $3,000,000.00 settlement for serious orthopedic injuries sustained in tractor trailer accident.
- $1,325,000.00 settlement for a Jefferson County family rear-ended by a tractor trailer in Madison County, Illinois causing a brain injury and severe orthopedic injuries.
- $1,000,000.00 verdict for closed-head injury to 25-year-old man in tractor trailer accident.
- $1,000,000.00 settlement for a man who had below knee amputation as a result of a trucking accident.
- $1,000,000.00 settlement for brain injury sustained in accident with fuel truck.
- $435,000.00 settlement for a Pemiscot County man who sustained a fractured knee caused by an 18-wheel tractor-trailer truck.
Disclaimer: Results are not guarantees. Past results are not necessarily indicative of future results. The value of each case depends upon the facts circumstance of that claim.