$75,000.00 settlement for a Festus, Missouri man injured in a motor vehicle accident.
The lawyers at the Padberg & Corrigan Law Firm successfully settled a lawsuit for a Jefferson County man hurt by a truck driver.
On December 29, 2005, A Festus, Missouri man was involved in a motor vehicle collision with a vehicle operated by Jodie Meagher at the intersection of Collins Avenue and Highway A. The Festus, Missouri man was proceeding westbound on Highway A approaching the intersection with Collins Avenue traveling below the posted speed limit. The collision occurred when Ms. Meagher was proceeding eastbound on Highway A and attempted to make a left-hand turn onto northbound Collins.
Ms. Meagher had a green traffic signal and did not have a green arrow and was required to yield the right-of-way to the Festus, Missouri man’s vehicle. Ms. Meagher failed to yield the right-of-way and pulled directly into the path of the Festus, Missouri man’s vehicle.
At the time of the collision, Ms. Meagher was under the influence of alcohol and a prescription drug called Xanax. Prior to the collision, Ms. Meagher had consumed three to four beers prior to driving her younger sister and boyfriend, Jared Pinson, to the area where the accident occurred.
The Festus police officer smelled alcohol on Ms. Meagher’s breath and her eyes were bloodshot and glassy. The field sobriety test revealed that Ms. Meagher failed the gaze nystagmus test. When she was given a blood alcohol content test two hours after the collision, her blood alcohol content was more than twice the legal limit for a minor. She further testified that she had taken a generic form of Xanax prior to drinking alcohol that day. Ms. Meagher testified under oath that she is aware of the warnings on the medication advising her not to consume alcohol while on this medication.
Dr. Hulsey performed a medial meniscectomy on August 4, 2006, on the Festus, Missouri man’s right knee. Festus, Missouri man has undergone extensive physical therapy for his injuries to his right leg, foot and right hand. The injuries that Festus, Missouri man sustained are permanent and cause persistent pain and discomfort to his right leg, including his knee and foot, on a daily basis.
Noteworthy Car/Automobile Accidents Cases
- $3,000,000.00 settlement for a Jefferson County man who sustained a brain injury in a motor vehicle accident causing him to lose his sense of taste and smell.
- $1,250,000.00 settlement in Franklin County for a 21-year old passenger who was rendered a quadriplegic in a motor vehicle accident with a drunk driver.
- $1,060,000.00 settlement for a man who suffered a brain injury when he was rear-ended by a tractor-trailer.
- $1,000,000.00 settlement for a wrongful death of an 18-year old boy in a motor vehicle accident.
- $600,000.00 verdict for a Jefferson County man who fractured his leg and hip in a motor vehicle accident.
- $500,000.00 settlement for a Jefferson County man who suffered fractures of the thoracic spine and ribs and a collapsed lung when he was rear-ended by a sign company truck.
Disclaimer: Results are not guarantees. Past results are not necessarily indicative of future results. The value of each case depends upon the facts circumstance of that claim.