Eight Hundred-Fifty Thousand settlement in a medical malpractice lawsuit for an eight-year old girl who sustained a brain injury due to the negligent medical treatment View More
Many of our clients have been injured on the work site. Often these injuries are due to the unsafe nature of the work sites, for example partially or poorly built structures, power tools, scaffolding, ladders, lifts, heavy machinery and rotating crews of tradesmen. These and other factors account for some of the many hazards on construction sites.
Because of the severity of many of these types of injuries and the dangers inherent in the workplace, the federal government established The Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) to regulate safety measures on construction sites. State laws also apply. Often the victim can turn to worker’s compensation while recuperating from the injury if the employer is the cause of the injury and unsafe condition.
Many incidents, though, involve numerous parties who were involved in the negligence on the jobsite which can create complications. These might include, for example, the general contractor, subcontractor, site owner, tool manufacturer or other parties. Several tort theories of liability may apply, including negligence as well as strict product liability.
The complexity of construction injury cases often requires an experienced attorney familiar with dealing with state and federal laws the multiple parties that are often involved in these types of cases.
Noteworthy Construction Site Injury Cases
- $4,500,000.00 settlement for construction worker partially paralyzed when struck in the head by a falling beam.
- $4,000,000.00 verdict for two wrongful death claims involving two males electrocuted while moving a grain auger that struck a telephone line.
- $2,300,000.00 judgment for a bricklayer seriously injured in an fall on a job site due to the negligence of his co-employees.
- $2,000,000.00 recovery for an ironworker on a job site when the crane he was riding fell to the ground.
- $1,000,000.00 settlement for ironworker who injured his leg when a train struck a bridge on which he was working.
- $1,000,000.00 judgment for the wrongful death of a Jefferson County man killed when he fell from a forklift due to the negligence of his co-worker.
- $300,000.00 settlement for a Jefferson County man who was rear-ended by a tractor trailer, causing him to be ejected from his vehicle and fracturing his shoulder.
- $300,000.00 settlement for a man who suffered a brain injury as a result of a faulty pipe that broke while he was trying to undo the pipe.
- $200,000.00 settlement for a Dunklin County man who was killed while operating a cotton module when the farmer did not have sufficient workers to assist with the operation.
Disclaimer: Results are not guarantees. Past results are not necessarily indicative of future results. The value of each case depends upon the facts circumstance of that claim.